Saturday, August 1, 2009

praying for sun

Well, it's vacation time and I have to come clean. Today was my deadline to get to 200 pounds and I failed.

We are staying the night in Chester, VA and even though my last known weight of 204 pounds was yesterday at home I doubt I shed 4 pounds driving 300 miles and stopping at Burger King for lunch and Friendlies for dinner.

Yes, I came up short but I'm still proud. I started something and stuck to it and got some results.

I'm not promising anything but I'm going to try to drop the remaining weight while I'm away. I usually gain ten pounds on vacation but I don't think I will this year. I'll keep you posted.

3 comments:

Nat said...

I think 14 lbs is still a wonderful weight loss! That's a stone!

Now, shall I do the I told you dance? Nah, I'll just confirm what everyone else knows: Women are always right:)

Seriously, though, well done, and well done for sticking with it and working out on a regular basis. That's way more important that the numbers on the scale.

Jph76r said...

Thanks Nat.

I am not done. Gotta keep going as long as there's some extra blubber on me.

My new mantra is "40's and Fit" with no deadline. Ha! It will be a fun blog topic to update on every now and then.

Anonymous said...

Bah whats a number Joe.
Its great that you are working out and lost the 14 lbs.

40 and Fit sounds like such a fun blog title. :0