Wednesday, August 5, 2009

pinch me, am I still here?

Wednesday. Back in the real world Wednesday is hump day; two days to go until the weekend. This Wednesday represents two full days left of sun and fun. That's kind of depressing.

Today we went to the beach again (and got burned) then to the backyard pool again. We've developed a kind of necessary system where people slowly filter into the house to shower and prepare for the evening.

At the beach Sue helped out a poor soul. She reported to us that on her stroll to get Evan to take a nap in the stroller she happened upon a woman who fell asleep sunbathing. This woman had unfastened her bikini top and rolled onto her side while sleeping. I know I don't need to write this but her boobs were hanging out for the beach to see. She woke her up. Good job Sue! I'm sure the surfer dudes in the naked woman's vicinity were highly disappointed with my wife. Tomorrow by the way, I'll be on stroll duty with Evan.

Sue helped Laura go through my mom's personal stuff this afternoon while I took Eric miniature golfing. We had a great time but it was so freaking hot. When we got home Sue showed me she had found my birth certificate, hospital bracelet and passport from when we came home from Germany in 1969. Bittersweet artifacts that I honestly never knew existed.

Tony's turn for dinner. He's grilling some big-ass burgers (with blue cheese built in), hot dogs and odds and ends. I'm sure I'll have to let my belt out a notch once again.

Tomorrow morning, come hell or high tide, I'm on the beach before dawn to pound out a couple barefoot miles, greet Mr. Sun and thank him for a female's need for a string bikini. See you tomorrow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kind hearted Sue :)

I thought she was going to kick sand all over her or something

Jph76r said...

She should've came back and let me go take a look!

Nat said...

That made me laugh outloud! Are you hoping for a similar chance to help someone on your stroll with Evan? I hope it's not a dude trying to get his buns tanned that rolled over :)

Your vacation sounds so blissful!

How sweet that your MOm saved your hospital tag from when you were born. I never lost a parent, but it must be such a sweet feeling to find prove of how much you were loved even after she was gone, you know, with her keeping these little memories of when you were born.

Enjoy your kick ass burgers!

Jph76r said...

Thanks Nat.

If I stumble upon a dude unknowingly tanning his banana I'm holding you responsible. I never thought of that scenario.

(burgers were good. I ate two. They weighed 2 pounds each.)