Friday, August 21, 2009

2:56 am

I don't know why but I found myself a little jealous tonight with my wife (of all people) fawning over Jeff on Big Brother. He's so handsome. He's going to age well, you can just tell was exactly what I heard. No doubt, the guy is blessed with the goods and definitely is smarter than I gave him credit for in the beginning. I learned on Big Brother After Dark that he is Head of Household after winning the HOH competition that was chopped at the end of the CBS broadcast. It's a good position to be in with six people left. On After Dark they were all celebrating with some wine and all the ladies left in the game were saying the same thing my wife did. Damn you, Jeff.

I am now watching the 1968 version of The Thomas Crown Affair with Steve McQueen and Faye Dunaway. I'd have to say it's pretty boring compared with the latest version that came out a few years ago. Not heavy on dialogue but really obese on the sexual tension between Steve and Faye. And, in every shot, someone is smoking a cigarette. Steve now has her in the palm of his hand unlike the beginning when Faye seemed like the one who thought she was in control. Ha! Steve just jetted off without her and she's a mess! Screw you Faye! You lost! HA! I think I prefer the newer one.

A question I'm asked a lot lately is how I feel about Michael Vick signing with the Eagles. I have my own words about the whole scenario but I'd rather quote my brother in an email I received a short time ago. Here you go:

Its all they talk about on AM 610 WIP. Same shit every day this week. I think most people support it but of course with anything you only hear the extremes. Like the doosh that buys the Vick jersey for his dog and walks around bragging about it. This guy is prob 20-25 yrs old, black and lives in the hood. Or the doosh that protests the practice facility with his dog on a leash. Usually this guy is a white middle aged male with a mustache, pony tail and sandals on.

I say fuck them all. I watch football to be entertained and this mother fucker can run like the wind. So, if he does the right shit off the field I have no problem watching him on the field.

I replied with this:

I am tired of it all. The guy did a crime and done the time. Let's score some touchdowns.

I am not saying what he did was acceptable. The guy made a mistake and he paid for it. He is allowed to re-enter society and make a living. I have no further comment on this matter and I sincerely would've pulled for the guy even if he didn't play for the Eagles. Now if you want to judge and condemn someone, point your anger at Brett Favre. I wish he'd just STAY retired, stay home and take care of his wife and stop wrecking teams. I guess he can't get enough of himself.

I'm getting a haircut today when I wake up. I think it's time to embrace middle age and just shave it all off. The mop I have now is outdated and a fresh start from scratch is in order. It's a brave move on my part. My dome has more dents and bumps than I can count but I don't care. One day you wake up and you're past 40 years old and you stop caring about trivial shit like your hair. That's me. But hair or not, I'm going to age well too. I'm promising you that much, Sue.





2 comments:

Arlynn said...

Don't stress on your wife too much... I think I made the comment about him aging well : ). Thanks for housing my kids for the past few days... she had a great time.

Jph76r said...

Just because you said it Sue was thinking it I'm sure. And you guys are sisters. So it's all the same.