Friday, August 28, 2009

a little of everything

Our family and friends outing to Knoebels Amusement Park was tragically cancelled today due to Mother Nature and her never ending quest to squash any plan that is birthed from the mind of yours truly. It always happens this way. The idea came forth two weeks ago mid-shift in the hell-hole I call work. Since then the weather has been straight sunshine. Until today. Rain with a chance of more rain. Sorry Eric. I tried to come through for you buddy. Maybe next week.

Last night I witnessed Eric play Pee Wee Soccer and I had a blast. It was the first time for me seeing him participate in an organized sporting event. He ran up and down the field, mostly behind or around the throng of kids that were attacking the ball but his foot never touched it. I was alright with this because earlier in the week he told me he didn't understand why some kids on his own team are trying to kick the ball at the same time he is. Anyway, the scrum around the ball is cutthroat. His aggressiveness and courage will come in time.

Earlier in the afternoon, before soccer, Eric and I spent some quality father-son time cleaning and vacuuming the inside of my new car, which happens to be Sue's old car. I am now driving the Subaru Forrester (which is another way of saying ugly, over-grown station wagon). There is now a giant bruise on my ego but the thing is really fun to drive in the snow. I traded in my beloved Taurus SHO (tears flowed) and moved Sue into a vehicle more befitting of her newfound Soccer Mom Status. I had to cave-in to her logical request for a a bigger vehicle to accommodate our growing children and to also be able to cart their friends. So she is now driving a Honda Odyssey and I have to say it's really nice and drives like a car. A little bigger than Sue is used to but she's managing just fine.

Getting back to the cleaning bit with Eric now. I was on wipe down duty and Eric controlled the vacuum. We were listening to the radio and working hard and I Gotta Feeling by the Black Eyed Peas came on and it was cute to hear Eric begin to sing the chorus or hook to the song word for word along with the singer on the radio while happily sweating his ass off vacuuming. From this point on I will think of this every time I hear this song.

I gotta feeling, that tonight's gonna be a good night, that tonight's gonna be a good night...

No comments: