Friday, April 24, 2009

our first crop is down in the ground, baby!

Today we roped off our square foot garden into 21" x 19" blocks. I know this measurement isn't a square foot so please spare me any corrections from the millions of square foot gardening purists who read me.

According to the gardening calendar, peas and onions can go in now... so in they went. This has been a very satisfying quest thus far and I cannot even imagine what it will feel like when these crops come to fruition and I'm plucking sugar snap peas right off the vine and eating them... in my own backyard!

Any tips and/or advice is greatly appreciated. We've been researching online but welcome testimony as to what works and what doesn't. Stuff like what crops shouldn't go next to each other and so on.

Question: A guy at work told me he planted hot peppers next to tomatoes and the tomatoes came up spicy. Is this bull**** or what?






Oh don't you worry little onions, your neighbors are on their way.

No comments: