Thursday, April 2, 2009

for love OF wallet

I'm happy at this moment. There is a brand spanking new DirectTV dish being attached to the side of my house right now. It's kind of sexy.

I am keeping comcast internet service but have decided to drop cable TV. Comcast makes me mad on many levels. First of all, I am sick and tired of sending them over two benjamins a month for, in my honest opinion, a subpar channel selection and internet that isn't even close to speeds that they advertise. Secondly, they docked their key employees, people I like to call "runts" (the technicians) a 100 bucks a paycheck. All this coupled with the fact that they have the tallest, most obscene brand new skyscraper dominating the Philly skyline makes me really ill. I will keep the internet as a gesture of good will towards the many technicians (runts)I've had visit my house to fix a problem or install equipment. These people always performed service with a smile and treated my home with respect.

This is a leap of faith on my part. I have heard horror stories about DirectTV. But, in the end a change was in order and change is sometimes tough. With savings of $100 a month I think I'll live. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: