Thursday, May 31, 2012

swing stroke cum laude

I don't like the reality of night shift staring me in the face coming up in June. With this being the last day of May, I feel I need to climb into the time machine I have in the basement, dial in Destination: May 1 and live this glorious, rain-soaked month once again. I wouldn't change a thing in my day-to-day activities much except maybe eating less and exercising more, but, isn't that always the story? Anyways, at least I'd be on day shift once again. And, the kick-in-the-crotch of this whole mess is the brass at work actually dangled a straight shift scenario in our faces but guess what? Everyone wants day shift! So, swing we shall do. And be happy about it. Forever. And ever. 

I was pleased to have the chance to take Eric to swim class this evening. He's vying for a spot on the local swim team and by my witness, he has a good shot. What I saw from him tonight in the water compared with a couple weeks back, the difference in his ability is night and day. Before, it looked like he didn't want to be there, casually going through the motions. Tonight, he was pounding the water, swimming straight and genuinely looking like he was having fun. The hard work he displayed for me made me very proud. 

Evan finished his first year of preschool a week ago. The last official day was a grand affair at a local park where the families got to see their child receive their certificate of completion. Evan was proud and so were we when his name was called and he had to go up and stand in a picture line with the rest of his fellow graduates. He learned a lot academically and socially and I'm happy to report I wasn't worried about him near as much as I was with Eric his first year. Click here to relive my anxiety.

Hopefully, the first of many he will earn in his lifetime.


1 comment:

Robin Myren said...

I'm really proud of Eric. He's come such a long way in the pool!