Sunday, June 10, 2012

this weekend deserves a name

Great weather helped this memorable weekend wind down in spectacular fashion. We had a full schedule of stuff to do outside and thankfully the rain stayed away. The kids are tired (and so are we), but guess what? No school tomorrow! Summer is officially underway.  Maybe one of the two will sleep in tomorrow? Or both? I seriously doubt it but you never know.

Here are a few bullet points from Weekend Spectacular June 2012 (I gave it a name)...
  • Eric, looking proud, gets off bus for last time as a first grader. We are prouder. More to come later.
  • I played in The Changin' Lives golf tournament. I didn't win but was happy to contribute to a solid cause.
  • I get called off from my scheduled OT gig which permits me to attend...
  • Katie's 1st birthday party. Sue enjoyed the cake kisses from the birthday girl while Eric and Evan enjoyed the swimming pool. I enjoyed meeting new people. I think Snooki was there but I can't confirm.  
  • I get called off from my regular shift which permits me to attend...
  • Little Man Max's 4th birthday shindig at the YMCA pool. Good times had by all.
Looking back at this list I realize this may be a normal weekend for some people. It's definitely not normal for us. Two pool parties in one weekend? Wowsers. It was fun even if two items from the list involved me not working or getting paid. I'd do it all again because great weather and being outside with society make it worth it.

No comments: