Wednesday, March 23, 2011

trade-in value

There's goes our stroller. Yes I said stroller.

My mother bought us this gift of transportation before Big E was born. Our stroller had four wheels and a canopy to protect our precious cargo. A fine and foldable machine it was. If we needed it, it was either in the garage or in the back of the van. Early on, I am sure we used that stroller every day.

Our stroller didn't have brakes anymore. The cheap plastic of the brakes had broken long ago in the daily wear-and-tear of raising little ones. When our little ones couldn't walk, that stroller was their legs. It was their room outside of their room. It was their bed on the beach at nap time for many years. It's wheels met the roads of distant lands, never complaining, doing it's job. I am sure I even stored a case of beer in the storage area underneath during one of our many walks around Pennsburg. Now I'm getting a little misty.

Still, in order to move on, we need to learn to let go. It's use is done with us. We needed to get a shower gift for a dear family friend who is about to be blessed with the gift of Motherhood and Sue caught wind of a deal where you can trade in your old stuff for a lower price on new stuff.

So, there goes our stroller. I hope they fix the brakes so someone else can get good use from it.

1 comment:

Sue said...

You sure have a way with words....now I'm crying.