Wednesday, September 30, 2009

baseball, kids and methane madness!

I got kicked out of work 4 hours early today but who cares because the Phillies just won the NL East for the third year in a row. Couldn't watch it though because DirecTv sucks. Thank goodness for the new MLB Network that launched this year with their superb live game cut-ins. I'm a fanatic. Or a Phanatic. Another October of exciting home team playoff baseball. The analysts on MLB were talking of maybe a little dynasty shaping up with the Phils and their young players. I can't argue.

Evan and Eric got trimmed and shot today. Haircuts and flu shots for both. Only took 17 people to hold Eric down this week opposed to the 27 last week when he got his teeth cleaned. He then came home and completed his homework assignment without mom's help.

Highlight of the week thus far was Monday when I came home from work and most of Sue's family was here celebrating Yom Kippur. I have to say my eldest nephew caught me off guard with his size and voice. Where did the little guy go? Did I see some five o' clock shadow? I'm predicting I'll be looking up at him in a year and a half. Can somebody hand-cuff the clock please? I still remember him in Sue's apartment sleeping in the baby car seat. Time flies. Another memorable incident from this gathering of family was when my usually quiet and innocent sister-in-law tried to draft-fart me without detection. Draft-farting is a self-invented term for the act of walking by someone without breaking stride and floating a beefy one in their face. The only thing was, this was not beefy. Initially, she got me, as I was in deep conversation with Sue when someone walked by (Ar) and a noise was heard but I was looking to see if the cats were present because I never heard a fart that small. It honestly took 5 minutes of intense thinking to get my brain wrapped around the fact that what I heard was a human fart. Geez Ar, next time make sure you're ready to deliver the goods. I will lay down the ground work if you want to do some research so next time you might peel some paint and clear the room. The characteristics of a good fart are duration, resonance and muzzle velocity. Adam will explain if you need help.

4 comments:

sista El said...

Your Good Joe ....really Good !! Thanks for the morning chuckle !!

Anonymous said...

Nice thanks for "outing" me

Arlynn said...

quiet and innocent... really? I've really got to step up my game

Anonymous said...

love it!