Saturday, October 17, 2009

4:01am 8 lbs 4 ozs


Today is the anniversary of a very important and special event for Sue and I. Today is the day a few years back where life as we knew it ended and the sudden realization came that all day, everyday, wasn't about us anymore.

Sixty months ago Eric was born. I know I say this a lot but time flies. It's hard to believe that 8 pounds has turned into 47. It's hard to believe that whimpers and cries have turned into words and intelligent conversation. It's hard to believe that fit-the-shape puzzles morphed into excellent dexterity on an ipod, laptop computer and video games (ugh, I know).

What's not hard to believe is the immense honor and pride we feel in being blessed with such a perfect little boy, who has become a sensitive, smiling gentleman right before our amazed, speechless eyes.

Happy Birthday Eric. Keep growing, keep amazing us and changing our world. And thanks for choosing Sue and I.

1 comment:

Lori Sue said...

well said Joe...and yes...fly it does...I know that first hand...Shaun will be 20 ! My step son has TWO kids ! amazing ... just amazing