Friday, May 22, 2009

she out-swam the boys in high school

Mom, your kids turned out alright and we will be fine going forward. Your pain and suffering is now gone so please rest in peace and don't worry about a thing. We will take care of everything. I will celebrate your life every time I jump in a pool or stand on a beach. Thanks for your gifts of athleticism and work ethic. Thanks for taking over my newspaper route when I was 12 and I was blowing all my earnings at the 7-11 arcade. Thanks for life lessons learned; intentional or not. Thank you for the gifts of Mark and Laura and everything you've ever done for us. Thanks for letting me win when we played Candyland and the MatchBox cars in my stocking at Christmas. And, last but not least, thanks for telling me I was good-looking at my wedding.

Linda May
Mom and Grandmom
9/13/1948 - 5/21/2009

4 comments:

Nat said...

I'm so so sorry, Joe. hugs)))

Janet (Mom in-law) said...

What a beautiful and meaningful tribute!! I know she is smiling and is very proud of the man you have become.

Anonymous said...

very nice, Joe.

Arlynn said...

Joe, We are so sorry to hear about your Mom. We are all thinking about you. I loved your thoughts... we often forget all the little things that made our Mom's so great and made us who we are.